TALA is a fast-growing communications consultancy based in Oxfordshire. We advise organisations that want to make the planet a better place to live in, work in and experience.
With several new clients being onboarded right now, we are looking for an established Account Manager who would be excited to work across our internationally-renowned client base, predominantly in B2B. You will need to be able to write flawlessly and have excellent client handling skills.
At TALA we develop communication strategies built on clear, honest and open two-way communication with our clients. We see ourselves as an extension to their team by becoming fully immersed in their business and the needs of their stakeholders. This approach is critical to building strong and meaningful relationships and is why we have worked with many of our clients for years.
Founded in 2007, by owner and managing director, Andrew Baud, TALA provides powerful strategic communications services to clients. We formulate bespoke and scalable programmes devised to help organisations achieve their strategic goals, whether they are a dynamic start-up, a multinational conglomerate, governmental organisation or visionary charity.
Our team is an expert in reputation management with a proven track record in helping to change attitudes and behaviours. With the support of our international partner agencies (from Stockholm to Mexico City), we also direct crisis communications responses and training for a number of organisations.
Last year we began planting the TALA woodland, with a tree for every past and present employee. We’d love to plant a tree in your name too!
What do we do?
Our philosophy is all about doing great work for brilliant clients. We work with organisations to build a deep understanding of their audience’s attitudes and needs. This invaluable insight will help shape their organisation’s approach and the messages they convey to the wider world. Demonstrating the impact of this change in approach is a key part of our service.
Through our creative tactics and brilliant storytelling, we bring clients’ businesses to life. We will ensure they are prepared to tackle issues that could impact their reputation, establishing robust crisis management strategies so that their organisation can weather any storm.
Our client team:
We are a lively yet ‘grown up’ team that thrives on delivering creativity and results to our diverse client base. By joining TALA you can expect to learn from the very best in the industry. Our strategic consultants are drawn from the worlds of journalism, marketing, international PR consultancies, political consultancies and senior corporate roles and have the contacts and tools to help clients engage their audiences – from government ministers to journalists and local communities.
- You will work across a small number of key accounts delivering communications programmes in line with our established principles of client service excellence
- As the primary day-to-day liaison with assigned clients, you will maintain positive ongoing relationships and find ways in which to surprise and delight them
- As account manager, supporting the account directors, you will become part of the ‘engine room’, utilising your copywriting skills and demonstrating your media relations prowess
- Working with the team, you’ll live and breathe the supportive culture at TALA, helping to progress junior members of the team and have a can-do attitude
- You can expect to play a role in new business pitches – bringing your creative ideas to the process.
- English as a first language and exemplary writing skills
- Existing account manager or minimum three years’ experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Previous people management would be useful, but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail and good listening skills
- Ability to analyse situations and address issues as they arise
- A natural flair for writing
- A self-starter who’s willing to hit the ground running.
What you can expect from us:
- A fun and engaged team who work hard to deliver for our clients
- A remuneration package commensurate to experience
- Opportunity for good career progression
- 25 days holiday a year
- Pension contribution
- Flexible home / office-based working
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Twice yearly socials
- A tree in your name!
Please note that we have a hybrid working dynamic with the week split between remote working and our flexible office space in North Oxfordshire. We simply ask that you join us every Tuesday in Bloxham, although the space there is available during the week too. You may also be required to travel both within the UK and internationally as needed by clients. This will from time to time include evenings and weekends.
To apply, please visit the LinkedIn advertisment here.